How To Build Your Own PC
Save A Buck And Learn A Lot
by Charlie Palmer
With over 200 step-by-step photographs, How To Build Your Own PC: Save A Buck And Learn A Lot will teach you everything you need to know to build your own desktop PC. You will learn how to:
* Select And Choose PC Components. The focus is on choosing quality PC parts at a budget.
* Protect Your System From Static Electricity And Handle Components Properly.
* Put The CPU On The Mainboard.
* Install The Mainboard In The Case.
* Install Hard Drives, Floppy Drives, And CD-RW Drives.
* Select A DVD Burner, Understand USB and Firewire, And Get Into Digital Filmmaking.
* Install PCI Expansion Cards And AGP Video Cards.
* Partition And Format A New Hard Drive.
* Install Windows XP.
* Understand And Install Software Drivers and .inf Files.
* Install A Dual-Boot Operating System (Windows XP and Red Hat Linux).
* Understand Bootloaders and Modify Linux's GRUB.
You'll also learn about careers in PC repair and be given further resources to help you continue your study of computers and computer repair.
Available from amazon.com: